Hi, remember me?
I’m that girl who used to blog everyday and just disappeared all weekend.
Honestly, it was necessary. I feel like my weekend didn’t even exist because it was so busy. There was a cheer competition, football game, going out to dinner, eating cupcakes and catching up on homework.
But now I’m back and more ready to blog than ever!
There have been some exciting things going on around here. I recently received a sample of Crystal Light Pure from Kraft Foods.
The three flavors I received were Mixed Berry, Grape and Strawberry Kiwi. While I tried out all three, I found that Strawberry Kiwi was my absolute favorite, though the Mixed Berry followed close behind. I grew up adding Crystal Light packets to my water, so I was so excited to try the Crystal Light Pure. It wasn’t too sweet, which is what I was a little nervous about, and it tasted awesome! Bonus points: it’s naturally sweetened, which means there are no artifiicial sweeteners.
This product came just at the right time. Confession time: I have been drinking way too many sodas lately. I’m not sure if it’s just the convenience of popping open a soda or the fact that I’m so used to drinking them, but it’s bad. I’ve been replacing the soda with Crystal Light lately, and I love it!!
Crystal Light also sent me some fabulous tips that I decided to share with you all because I thought they were great for those of you who are out celebrating your favorite sports teams, or those of you who just love to celebrate! Hope you enjoy!!
Better-For-You Tailgating Tips from Crystal Light Pure Spokesperson Molly Kimball, RD
1. Take dipping beyond chips and queso by making your favorite creamy dips low cal with plain lowfat Greek yogurt in place of sour cream and mayo. Liven up plain old salsa by adding freshly diced tomatoes and chopped cilantro, or – even better – make your favorite salsa from scratch.
2. Serve dips with whole grain crackers and grilled veggies (think marinated and grilled asparagus, red and yellow peppers, zucchini and squash, and Portobello mushrooms). I’ve found that a grilled veggie platter nearly always goes over better than just plain raw vegetables.
3. Make finger sandwiches better by using whole grain bread, lean meats like turkey, ham, chicken, or roast beef, with thinly-sliced cheese and light mayo. Or roll turkey and veggies into high fiber tortillas, and slice into pinwheels. Quesadillas can be another not-so-guilty indulgence – just stick with whole grain tortillas, lean meats, reduced-fat shredded cheese, and pile on the veggies.
4. Healthy grilling doesn’t mean you’re stuck with just plain chicken. Seasoned, grilled and sliced, pork loin can easily become finger food. No buns or rolls needed. Beef or chicken satay can be lean options. And kebobs are always a hit, made with lean meat or seafood and skewered with veggies like tomatoes, zucchini, onions and mushrooms.
5. And stay refreshed and well-hydrated by sipping on naturally sweetened Crystal Light Pure. It’s sweetened with sugar and Truvia, a natural sweetener derived from the stevia plant, and has no artificial flavors or preservatives. Just tuck a few packets into your purse or pocket and you’re good to go!
Disclosure: Though I received free samples from Kraft Foods, the opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own.
What are you most looking forward to this week?
What’s your favorite party food (healthified or not)?