Happy Sunday! Unlike most Sundays, I’m actually okay with tomorrow being Monday because it’s spring break! I do have work all week like normal, but I don’t have class and that’s pretty awesome!!
I made an egg sandwich with two eggs and whole wheat bread for breakfast. I’ve been waking up not-so-hungry in the morning lately, but I knew I was going to yoga today so I thought I should eat something a little more substantial this morning. I’ve also not been drinking too much coffee lately, so this morning I just stuck with water!
For lunch I heated up leftover whole wheat noodles and added some butter and parmesan cheese. Along with the pasta, I had a spinach & strawberry salad with balsamic vinaigrette. I love how simple spinach & strawberry salads are, but I was missing the cranberries! I looked all over but they were no where to be found in the pantry. I also usually love feta on top, but again, didn’t have them. Oh well!
I tried to make the 2:30 yoga class, but ended up running late so I just went to one an hour later. I don’t normally go to that class but it was a lot more stretching than I expected. I’m excited for tomorrow when I can go to a power yoga class!!
I haven’t cooked chicken in I don’t even know how long. I grilled up a chicken breast with garlic powder, salt & pepper and topped it with barbecue sauce. I also sauteed some butternut squash in brown butter, cinnamon, salt and smoked paprika. Another food I haven’t had in a long time! I love cooking butternut squash with brown sugar & cinnamon for a sweet meal, but this is my favorite savory way to cook it.
I had a couple homemade oatmeal toffee cookies for dessert, though I’m sure I’ll have another before I go to sleep! These are so good and a little different than traditional oatmeal cookies. These are much softer and less chewy than usual.
And now…Shout Out Sunday!!
Shout Out Sunday #20
- Table for Two-Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Frosting These look amazing. The dark chocolate and vanilla bean are calling out to me!!
- Kandee Johnson-My Favorite Bronzer: Video Tips & More I’m currently looking for a new bronzer and this post was super helpful. I’m currently on the hunt for an awesome drugstore bronzer!
- Eat Live Run- Shrimp Enchiladas Verde I have had such a ridiculous craving for something like this, this recipe came at just the right time!
- The Edible Perspective- Homemade Skin Care Products I found this post super interesting because I’m becoming more aware of the chemicals used in my skin care & makeup products. I will definitely be trying the coffee grounds scrub & oat & honey exfoliant
- Joy the Baker-Chocolate Orange Cream Cheese Pound Cake Okay, so number one: pound cake is one of my favorite desserts. Number two: the chocolate-orange combination is amazing. I’m dying to make this and it just might make an appearance in my house soon!
Tomorrow it’s back to the real world with an early morning start! I’m off to make some oatmeal to take to work tomorrow morning. I’m not a fan of cold overnight oats, but I love cooking oatmeal as usual, then I stick it in the fridge & heat it up again in the morning. Easy, quick breakfast in the morning!